PNP DRUG ENFORCEMENT GROUP (PNP DEG), CAMP BGEN RAFAEL T CRAME, QUEZON CITY– On April 13, 2021 at around 10:15 PM operatives of this Unit led by PBGEN REMUS B MEDINA, Director, PNP DEG with PDEA NCR, Las Pinas City Police Station, NCRPO RID, NICA, CIDG-Camp Crame, and RSOG NCRPO conducted joint buy-bust operation at Sherack St., Brgy. Almanza Uno, Las Piñas City which resulted in an armed encounter leading to the death of Richard Jen Jieko Salameda Amarga a.k.a. Koy-Koy or Coco and Andrew Guinto Garcia.
During the operation, operating team was able to confiscate the following items:
- Thirty-one (31) kilos of white crystalline substance suspected to be methamphetamine hydrochloride or shabu packed in different tea bags with an estimated Standard Drug Price of P210,800,000.00 pesos.
- One (1) blackish mica red Toyota Innova bearing plate number DAY-1328;
- One (1) paper bag containing Php 1,500,000.00 boodle money utilized as the buy-bust money;
- One (1) caliber .45 pistol Para Ordnance with serial number 34379, chamber loaded with one (1) ammunition and with inserted magazine loaded with four (4) ammunitions (recovered from the possession of suspect Amarga); and
- One (1) caliber .45 pistol, Para Ordnance with serial number 21534, chamber loaded with one (1) ammunition and with inserted magazine loaded with three (3) ammunitions (recovered from the possession of suspect Garcia)
Suspects are well-known distributors of illegal drugs and members of Sputnik Gang and Amarga Drug Group, and were able to get supplies from certain Chinese Nationals in Myanmar and discreetly transporting it to a warehouse somewhere in Pampanga.
This has been the 3rd successful operation since PBGEN MEDINA manned and lead the PNP DEG. He said that “PNP DEG will continue in fulfill its mandate in cleaning the streets to attain a safe and secured community. Meanwhile, PGEN DEBOLD M SINAS, Chief, PNP commended the Group for a job well done and encourage them to keep the light burning in the campaign against illegal drugs.###