PNP DRUG ENFORCEMENT GROUP (PNP DEG), CAMP BGEN RAFAEL T CRAME, QUEZON CITY– On April 1, 2021 at around 11:00 PM operatives of Special Operations Unit 5 led by PLTCOL WARREN E DABLO under the direct supervision of PBGEN RONALD O LEE, Director, PNP DEG with RDEU7, PDEA RO7 and Station 2 Abellana Police Station Cebu City Police Office conducted joint buy bust operation at Barangay Capitol Site, Cebu City which resulted in the arrest of the following:
- Mark Anthony Busadre Almazan a.k.a. “Mark”, 35 years old, single, call center agent, a resident of Purok 8, Brgy Kamputhaw, Cebu City; and
- Renato Lagahid Coronel a.k.a. “NeBoy” , 55 years old, married, jobless, a resident Brgy. Duljo Fatima, Cebu City.
During the said operation, the operatives were able to seized the following:
- One piece (1) small plastic sachet containing white crsytalline substance believed to be shabu marked as NABA-BB-1 04-01-2021 with signature of Pat. Nuguid written on the masking tape.
- Three pieces (3) of small rectangular transparent sachet containing white substance believed to be shabu marked as RLC-P-1 up to RLC-P-3 04-01-2021 and signature of Pat. Daileg Jr. written on a masking tape.
- One (1) genuine five-hundred-peso bill bearing serial number GF280934 with marking of 58 in the right center of the bill incorporated with five hundred peso bill boodle money used as buy bust money
Allegedly, Almazan work as a call center agent on 1and1 web hosting prior to the pandemic, he is also known to distribute drugs to his fellow call center agents, while Coronel work as a drug courier for Almazan.
The recovered suspected shabu has an estimated weight of more or less 10 grams with standard drug price of Php 68,000.00 and was brought to PNP Crime Laboratory for examination. Likewise, arrested persons were apprised of their constitutional rights in a language known to them and was brought SOU 5 Office for proper disposition and documentation. A case for violation of Section 5 and 11, Article ll of RA 9165 (is being prepared against them.
PBGEN LEE said “Amidst another surge of covid 19 wherein some members of our Group were being infected, we still put our best foot forward and courageously sweeping our street to make our communities a better place to live in”.