PNP DRUG ENFORCEMENT GROUP (PNP DEG), CAMP BGEN RAFAEL T CRAME, QUEZON CITY–On February 18, 2021 at around 12:45 PM personnel of Special Operation Unit 2, led by PLTCOL NESTOR CUSI under the direct supervision of PBGEN RONALD O LEE, Director, PNP DEG, with PDEA Isabela, PDEU/IPPO-PIU, Quezon PS, and San Manuel PS, conducted buy-bust operation along National Highway, Brgy. Barucboc, Quezon, Isabela which resulted to the arrest of the following high value individuals:
- Marcelo Tudlong Thomas, 28 years old, married, farmer and a resident of Purok 1, Bulanao, Tabuk City, Kalinga; and
- Keruben Winnie Banosan, 32 years old, married, driver and a resident of San juan, Quezon, Isabela.
During the operation operating team were able to confiscate the following items:
- 141 bricks of Marijuana leaves (approximately 37 kilos) with standard drug price of Php 4,920,000.00 hidden in the siding and ceiling of a Nissan Urban;
- Five (5) grams of shabu with standard drug price of Php 34,000.00;
- Two (2) genuine 1,000.00 peso bill;
- Five (5) bundles of 1,000.00 peso boodle money; and
- White Nissan Urban with plate number NAB 4566.
Further, initial information declared that a source Romy who evaded arrest is allegedly engage in transaction and distribution of marijuana in Region 3, 4 and NCR. The said marijuana was originally from Kalinga and Cordillera Administrative Region.
The suspects are now under the custody of Quezon MPS for proper disposition and documentation while a case for violation of Section 5 and 11 of Article 2 of RA 9165 is being prepared against the suspects.
PGEN DEBOLD M SINAS, Chief, PNP applauded the operatives as they continually bring the suspects behind bars to stop the drug menace in the community ###