PNP DRUG ENFORCEMENT GROUP (PNP DEG), CAMP BGEN RAFAEL T CRAME, QUEZON CITY – Operatives of Special Operations Unit 5 (Lead Unit) PNP DEG led by PLTCOL WARREN E DABLO under the direct supervision of PBGEN RONALD O LEE, Director, PNP DEG with RDEU, Cebu City conducted a buy-bust operation on December 1, 2020 at about 10:30 PM along South Road Properties, Brgy. Mambaling Cebu City which resulted to an armed encounter and neutralization of the following suspects:
- Michael Johnlery Nacion, 29 years old, single, and a resident of Brgy. Talamban, Cebu City; and
- Arnel Barcenas Degolation, 42 years old, married and also a resident Talamban, Cebu City.
Seized form the suspects were the following:
- More or less 2 kilos of suspected shabu (Methamphetamine Hydrochloride) with estimated drug price of PHP 13.6 million),
- Buy-bust money;
- Suzuki Ertiga, color white with attached plate number AAZ-6763;
- One (1) caliber .45 pistol with serial no. 875457 with inserted magazine loaded with three (3) rounds of live ammunitions; and
- One (1) KG9 submachine gun with serial no.215747 with inserted magazine loaded with 12 rounds of live ammunitions and another magazine also loaded with 10 rounds of live ammunitions.
The seized illegal drugs were turned over to the PNP Crime Laboratory 7 for examination and documentation while the cadaver of the suspects were brought to St. Peter Funeral Parlor.
PBGEN Ronal LEE express that this is a continuous effort of PNP DEG in support to pursue an unrelenting war on drugs of the PNP.
Police General DEBOLD M SINAS, Chief, PNP commended the operating troops and said that the PNP will continue its unwavering efforts to eradicate illegal drugs in the country.