PNP DRUG ENFORCEMENT GROUP (PNP DEG), CAMP BGEN RAFAEL T CRAME, QUEZON CITY– On August 5, 2021 at around 5:00 PM, Operatives of Special Operations Unit- 4B led by PBGEN REMUS B MEDINA, Director, PNP DEG conducted Anti-Illegal Drugs Operation (Buy-Bust) in Sitio Maliwanag, Carlos P. Garcia Avenue, Western Bicutan, Taguig which resulted in the arrest of the following suspects:
- Louie Avacahin, 36 years old, driver and a resident of Sitio Maliwanag, Carlos P. Garcia Ave, Western Bicutan, Taguig;
- Reynaldo Opena, 56 years old, married, security guard and a resident of AFPAVAI, Taguig City;
- Elmer Cawid, 59 years old, married, self-employed and a resident of Manggahan, Western Bicutan, Taguig City; and
- Marfred Mandajoyan a.k.a. Agaw, 35 years old, married, driver and a resident of Sitio Maliwanag, Carlos P. Garcia Ave, Western Bicutan, Taguig.
During the operation, operating team was able to confiscate the following items:
- More or less 100 grams of white crystalline substance suspected as Shabu with an estimated Standard Drug Price of Php 680,000.00;
- One (1) piece of One-Thousand-Peso bill placed at the top of boodle money used as buy-bust money;
- Assorted drug paraphernalia; and
- Three (3) android mobile phones.
Arrested persons and confiscated pieces of evidence were brought to SOU 4B, PNP DEG for documentation and proper disposition while a case for violation of RA 9165 is being prepared against them.
PBGEN MEDINA said “Our Group is tirelessly sweeping our street to eradicate the persons who are involved in illegal drugs transaction to make our communities a better place to live in”. ###