PNP DRUG ENFORCEMENT GROUP (PNP DEG), CAMP BGEN RAFAEL T CRAME, QUEZON CITY– On April 27, 2021 at around 1:25 PM operatives of Special Operation Unit 9 and 10 led by PBGEN REMUS B MEDINA, Director, PNPDEG, PDEA 10, RDEU 10, PP4 and CMFC personnel conducted joint Anti-Illegal Drugs Operation (Buy-Bust) at Zone 2, Brgy. Kauswagan, Cagayan De Oro City which resulted in the arrest ofthe following suspects:
- Ian Von C Alegria, 43 yrs. old, married, jobless and a resident of Brgy. Burgos, Del Pillar St., Cagayan De Oro City: and
- Hannah Reina Calub Ledon, 30 yrs. old, married, businesswoman in profession and a resident of Purok 12, Brgy. Baloy, Cagayan De Oro City.
During the operation, operating teams were able to confiscate the following items:
- One (1) piece blue sando bag containing one (1) pc. ziplock transparent plastic containing white crystalline substance believed to be Methamphetamine Hydrochloride locally known as “shabu”weighing more or less 500 grams with standard drug price of 3,400.000.00 pesos;
- Fifteen (15) bundles of photocopied 1,000 peso bill with of one (1) piece genuine 1,000 peso bill containing serial number XR741991 used as buy bust money; and
- One (1) black Honda XRM 125 bearing plate no. 9036 KA.
The arrested suspect Ian Von C Alegria was known as a transporter of illegal drugs in bulk, in Cagayan De Oro City and nearby cities of Region 10 and Zamboanga Del Sur while Hannah Reina C Ledon is the one who is responsible in distribution in Region 9 and 10 areas. Her husband is also known as a.k.a. DRAGON who is now detain at Lumbia City Jail for violation of RA 9165.
The arrested persons are now under the custody of SOU 9, PNP DEG for documentation and proper disposition while a case for violation of Sec. 5 of RA 9165 is being prepared against them.
PGEN DEBOLD M SINAS commended PNP DEG for a job well done and stated, "Our policemen on the ground will never be complacent in our fight against illegal drugs in the country, thus expect massive operations to be conducted by our drug operatives making our country a drug free country.###